The Health and Wellness Alliance for Children is a group of community organizations working across multiple sectors to measurably improve the overall health and well-being of children in our region.
The Alliance is set to change some startling statistics in North Texas.
- 29% of Dallas County kids live in poverty | 10.2% of Collin County children live in poverty
- 18% of Dallas County kids do not have health insurance | In Collin County, 9.8% of children don’t have health insurance
- 28% of Dallas County kids have inadequate food and nutrition | 9.8% of Collin County kids have inadequate food and nutrition
So, even though North Texas is home to cutting edge medical facilities and a community dedicated to its children, the state of our children’s health is not in line with the community’s vision. Alliance members have a shared sense of building a community in which all of our children grow to become healthy, contributing adults. The result will be improved health at a population level.
Bending the Trends
We encourage and facilitate collaboration across many sectors, including health, education, government, nonprofits and the faith community. Today, we have more than 100 powerful and influential community partner organizations actively engaged and guiding the Alliance’s work.
Our work begins Dallas and Collin Counties. But our long-term mission is to improve the overall health of all children living in North Texas.
- The voice of children and their families
- Social service organizations
- Educators, universities, school districts & day care centers
- Faith-based organizations
- Hospitals and health clinics
- Government entities